Zydus Cadila is a fully integrated, global healthcare provider, with strengths all along the pharmaceutical value chain. With a core competence in the field of healthcare, Zydus Cadila provides total healthcare solutions ranging from formulations, active pharmaceutical ingredients and animal healthcare products to wellness products.
Recently, the group launched Exemptia, the world’s first biosimilar for Adalimumab, the largest selling therapy worldwide for inflammatory arthritis. Zydus is also the only Indian pharma company to launch its own patented NCE – Lipaglyn, the world’s first drug to be approved for the treatment of diabetic dyslipidemia.
The group’s origin can be traced to 1952 when it was founded by Late Mr. Ramanbhai B. Patel, a first-generation entrepreneur and one of the stalwarts of the Indian Pharmaceutical Industry. In 1995, the group restructured its operations and Cadila Healthcare came into being under the aegis of the Zydus group. Zydus Cadila, today, is spearheaded by Mr. Pankaj R. Patel, the Chairman and Managing Director of the group.
- 4th largest player in the Indian pharma market. (AWACS May 2015)
- 15 of the group’s brands feature amongst the top 300 pharma brands in India. (AWACS May 2015)
- World class manufacturing facilities comprising state-of-the-art manufacturing plants for APIs and formulations, including novel dosage forms. Of these, 5 are USFDA inspected.
- Robust regulatory pipeline – 260 ANDAs have been filed of which 99 have been approved. The group has filed 116 DMFs.
- The first Indian pharma company to launch an NCE in the market with Lipaglyn, the world’s first drug to treat diabetic dyslipidemia.
- Launched the world’s first biosimilar of Adalimumab ‘Exemptia’ to treat inflammatory arthritis.
- Robust innovation pipeline with over 1200 researchers working across 5 R&D centers of excellence focused on small molecules, biologics, vaccines, formulation development and API process research.
- Partner of Choice for research-driven pharma majors like Abbott, Hospira, Bayer, Takeda, IDRI, Pieris AG, Prolong Pharmaceuticals and the World Health Organization to name a few.
For more information, please visit www.zyduscadila.com.