Career Opportunities at Zydus USA
Zydus Pharmaceuticals (USA) Inc. is a globally integrated generic pharmaceutical company with a focus on providing high service, quality and affordable products. Our US leadership, which has over 60 years of US generic market experience, understands the customer’s business which allows Zydus the ability to provide unique models to help drive their customer’s success. Our parent company, Zydus Cadilla, has a large presence in the global markets, including relationships with many top tier international pharmaceutical companies. Based on a manufacturing and development history that spans over 50 years, it is the 4th largest pharmaceutical company in India.
Director, Business Development & Project Management
Lead business development activities for expansion within current generic pharmaceutical business as well as potential future healthcare business verticals such as consumer products, medical devices, etc. Work closely with CEO and management team on development of in-licensing, out-licensing, acquisition, and divestiture strategies and tactics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the sourcing, evaluation, diligence coordination and related partnering discussions on potential target opportunities
- Identify new business segments for potential expansion and lead development efforts into the new segments by leveraging internal and external networks.
- Represent the Company as a partner of choice to potential transaction firms and create a visible presence for the Company among peers and the investment community
- Frequently interface with, and deliver updates to Senior Management
- Work with operations team for seamless onboarding/transition of acquired products/programs
- Act as Project Lead / central point of contact with accountability for specific tasks and direct others to deliver business requirements, as needed
- Extensive and intensive analysis of each of existing pipeline and new projects on ongoing basis, from various perspectives, including financial, commercial, technical, and new competitive landscape, life cycle management efforts by brand, etc.
- Develop a process to optimize and protect the portfolio including preparing cross-functional strategies for filing as well as managing difficult regulatory pathway projects
- Develop dashboards for careful assessment of underperforming and ineffective projects early and suggest solutions to the management team.
- Portfolio management (new and existing products, including guidance to management group) and project prioritization
Formulate and propose terms for acquisition targets
- Lead negotiations team
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools. Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to Identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
This position requires up to 40% travel, US and International.
- MBA and eight plus years of related experience.
- Financial and/or management consulting experience preferred.
- Ability to learn new industries rapidly
- Adaptable to changing environments and priorities
- Proven technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn and use new software, regulations and quality standards